Two infants die as Sadiqabad hospital’s children ward catches fire


RAHIM YAR KHAN: In a tragic incident, two infants died after a fire erupted in the children ward of a private hospital in a Sadiqabad neighbourhood early Thursday morning.

Rescue sources said the fire broke out due to a short circuit. On getting information, firefighters reached the site and put out the blaze.  The identity of the deceased children could not be ascertained immediately.

Earlier in August, Children ward of Sir Ganga Ram Hospital had caught a fire. A short circuit was said to be the cause of the fire. No loss of life or injury was reported in the incident.

A three-month-old baby girl had died after the blanket she was wrapped in caught fire in Lahore earlier this year.

Her father had said his daughter was sleeping near a heater, which was kept near her to keep her warm amid extreme weather conditions prevalent in the city, when the blanket caught fire. The infant suffered severe burns and died.

Comments

comments





Source link

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *